Oracle DB Developer
Title: Oracle DB Developer
Reports To: Software Developing Manager- Creditsafe Group
Location: Creditsafe USA Inc. 4635 Crackersport Rd, Allentown,
Pennsylvania 18104, USA.
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Typical Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
- Support, bug fixing, redevelopment tasks, new development requirements, testing.
- Provide expert advice on performance tuning within Oracle.
- Perform large scale imports and extracts of data.
- Provide estimates on any requested development work.
- Make technically sound development recommendations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Follow any company procedures/standards/processes.
- Contribute to architectural design and development.
- When required provide support to other staff in the department.
- Perform code reviews of own and others work.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced staff in the department.
- Work as a team player in an agile environment
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision, and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced / changing environment.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, stressful project environment.
Experience – Essential:
- 4+ year’s solid commercial experience of Oracle development under a 10g or 11g environment.
- Advanced PL/SQL knowledge required.
- Strong experience in tuning Oracle queries in large databases.
- Good experience in loading and extracting large data sets.
- Experience of working with an Oracle database under a bespoke web development environment.
Experience – Advantage:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with loading date through SSIS.
- *Please note that the key tasks list detailed above is not exhaustive. Creditsafe Management / Directorship reserve the right to request that the successful candidate engage in other reasonably practicable tasks.
The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 80% of the time accessing the computer. Constantly operates computer and other office machines. The physical requirements are described as light to medium, exerting up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds of force occasionally. Ability to analyze data and figures, and proofreading documents/reports. There will be regular communication with staff. The position has occasional periods of stress. Frequently works with others, around others, and has customer/public contact, occasionally works alone. Constantly works in inside environmental conditions.
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Typically works forty (40) hours per week, overtime requirements as needed.
Company Outline and Working Environment:
The Creditsafe Group is a Global supplier of business information. Over 50,000 organizations have already benefited from the innovative suite of credit control, sales and marketing products that Creditsafe supplies. The key to the continued success of the group is a unique culture that exists within the c. 500 staff who are employed throughout the various entities in the United Kingdom, Sweden, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Ireland and USA.
The Creditsafe Group prides itself on its progressive approach to people management. Creditsafe Group offices are vibrant, energized, dynamic and very vocal; the ideal candidate will embrace this culture and possess the ability to ‘add something to it.’